Monday, February 15, 2016

In It-lee

Today I'm thankful for the guardian angel I was physically given so long ago. Shaped my life here on earth & still doing so from up above. Death was never familar to me & I think I'm still learning 2 years later. It's not how much you miss someone that matters even though it really hurts. The truth shines through what you do in their memory to make them proud. I remember as a little girl saying all I wanted to do was buy my mom & grandma their own house & car. Yea, still working on that. But more importantly was what my earth angel would tell me back. She'd look at me & say "you can be whatever you want to be, but all I need is a trip to It-lee" (aka Italy)... and I would laugh uncontrollably.
This is funny 'cause anytime I or any of the kids were getting on her nerves she'd say she was gone to It-lee. Anytime she was going somewhere and I, being nosey would ask..she'd say to It-lee.

I'd give anything to take her on that trip now. Instead I'm taking her advise. I always wondered if she ever got to be what she wanted to be. When I think about that now theres still doubt, but those words she so bravely poured into me. I can be whatever I want to be. I'm thankful that she chose to tell me. With those words, her angelic presence, pressures of the world....she's working me.

Today, I'm just thankful for all she taught me & left behind. I'm on my way to It-lee where I can be what I want to be.

What is your It-lee?

Love you Grandma, I hope you're enjoying It-lee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment